St. Louis, Missouri
Christopher E. Roberts is a partner at Butsch Roberts & Associates, LLC. Mr. Roberts’s practice focuses on consumer class action litigation, personal injury litigation and business litigation. Mr. Roberts has successfully tried and defended numerous cases in Missouri and Illinois. Mr. Roberts’s goal is to provide his clients with forward-thinking, yet cost-effective litigation strategies.
In law school, Mr. Roberts served as an editor for the UMKC Law Review and as a staff member for The Urban Lawyer. Mr. Roberts also received academic honors and the Candler S. Rogers Writing Award for the most outstanding piece of legal writing submitted to the UMKC Law Review.
At the University of Kansas, Mr. Roberts was a member of the football team and received academic honors.
In his free time, Mr. Roberts enjoys spending time with his wife and watching college basketball.
Awards & Recognitions
A Guide to Navigating CAFA’s Home-State Exception, American Bar Association – Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee (2013).
Class Actions 101: Surviving a Rule 12 Motion to Dismiss, American Bar Association – Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee (2013).
Can I Still Google My Yahoo? Reframing the Net Neutrality Debate – Why Legislation Actually Means Deregulation, 77 UMKC L. Rev. 765 (2009).
Is MySpace Their Space?: Protecting Student Cyberspeech in a Post-Morse v. Frederick World, 76 UMKC L. Rev. (2008).
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Kansas, B.G.S., 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee, 2012-present
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2009-present
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts, 2011-present
- Pathways to Independence, Board of Directors, 2012-present
- GenNext – United Way of Greater St. Louis, Steering Committee, 2013-present